Parents/Guardians wishing to enrol their child with our service are asked:
- To complete the Enrolment Form which gives us the details we are required to file under current legislation. This is kept confidential. Please contact us for this form.
- To attend an interview with the Director during which they will tour the centre, meet their child’s future carers, see all facilities and have the opportunity to clarify their needs and be given further details about the centre and services offered.
- To register for Child Care Subsidy through Centrelink.
- To accept and read a copy of our Parent Handbook and other materials which explain how this centre works and how we meet the needs of families in our community.
- To pay 2 weeks full fee’s bond which is split into one week advance fees and the balance will be held in trust where it will stay until your child/children leave the service. This money will then be refunded back to you in full unless there is an outstanding fee owing. Please remember that CCS – Child Care Subsidy is paid to the centre in arrears and these payments need to be received and reconciled before Bond payments can be refunded. This process may take up to 4 weeks.
- As part of your enrolment process once your administration fee has been paid you will receive one of our Miniversity T-shirts and a sun safe hat.
Once the enrolment process is complete we will establish a start date and confirm available days. We welcome families into the centre at any time and in particular prior to enrolment. We feel it is important to tailor your child’s enrolment to suit your needs as this assists children to settle into their new environment more readily. You are always welcome to visit the centre and spend time with your child. Our staff will happily ensure that all your questions are answered.
CENTRE OPENING HOURS
The centre is licensed to open from 7am until 6pm each week day – Monday to Friday.
We are open 51 weeks a year with the exception of the following gazetted Public Holidays – Australia Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day, May Day, Queens Birthday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day and the local Show Holiday. We offer full day care or 10 hour sessions from 7.30am to 5.30pm.
Most families with young children in care make use of school hours, (8.30am – 3pm) as a way to introduce children to school life and to fit in with older siblings school hours. Discuss your care needs with our Director upon enrolment and again at any time should these needs change.
CHILD CARE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Child Care Management System (CCMS) is a subsidy provided by the Commonwealth Government to approved long day care centres. This subsidy is then applied to reduce the amount that parents are required to pay to the centre. Parents may apply for CCMS through their local Family Assistance Office (FAO) which is based at Centrelink.
CCMS is based on each family’s income – the onus is on each family to ensure they have a current Assessment Notice in order to receive the benefit. FULL FEES WILL BE CHARGED IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CURRENT ASSESSMENT. You MUST have registered for CCMS before you start at day care unless you elect to pay full fees then claim a rebate in your tax at the end of financial year. There are forms to complete if you chose this option.
We advise that if you receive any literature from the Family Assistance Office or Centrelink regarding your CCMS arrangements – READ IT and PROMPTLY RETURN any form they ask of you to ensure that you remain current with CCMS. It is no fun to receive a large bill because you have not kept up to date with your CCMS arrangements. Your child care benefit entitlement can be cut off if forms are not received by the FAO within the specified time.
In order to receive CCMS parents must SIGN each of their children IN & OUT EVERY DAY they attend care. On return to the centre after any absence parents must also sign the attendance sheets indicating a reason why the child was away to ensure that CCMS is given during the absence. For example – holidays, RDO, illness. If you are aware ahead of time that you will be away – sign for them before you go. This is very important.
Our Fees include all meals and sunscreen. Nappies are provided until your child reaches 2 years.
Please call the centre for any information outlining the fee structure for our service and the payment option available to you. CCMS MUST be activated before you begin in care so please ring the Family Assistance Office promptly or ask us if you need assistance. If you need any help with this our director is happy to assist. We now offer a 10 hour session of care between 7.30am and 5.30pm.
- It is the policy of our centre that the 2 weeks full fees payment be paid prior to your child/rens first day. The 2 week payment is split into one week fees in advance and bond which will be held in trust where it will stay until your child/ren leave the service. This money will then be refunded back to you in full unless there are outstanding fee’s owing. . Please remember that Child Care Subsidies are paid to the centre in arrears and these payments need to be received and reconciled before Bond payments can be refunded. This process may take up to 4 weeks.
HOLIDAYS, PUBLIC HOLIDAYS & FEES
During your holidays or Public Holiday periods your normal fee applies as we hold your space in anticipation of your return. See our Director to inform her of your holiday arrangements and complete the appropriate form.
Our centre follows the National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care (NQF). You can access further information about the NQF on the web site: www.deewr.gov.au
National Standard – Our latest rating by the Queensland Government Department of Training, Education & Employment on the 17th June 2019 is : Meeting National Quality Standards. We are so proud of our team and their continued efforts to ensure we provide the best care and education for our families.
CHANGES TO DETAILS
We understand that from time to time you may have changes to some of your details such as a new telephone number, address, emergency contact person or immunisation updates. It is VITALLY important that you notify us when these changes occur as we are legally obliged to maintain up to date files on each child. It is your responsibility to keep us well informed.
You will find the forms available in the children’s room, in the parent form folder or you can ask at the front desk. We will see that the information is placed on the computer as soon as possible and the form will be held in your child’s file as part of our records. If your circumstances do not fit the type of forms available speak to the Director and she will assist you to ensure that the appropriate record is made if needed.